Friday, September 08, 2006

NOTES FROM LUCIEN...

Somebody in Belgium asked me about Lino's statement in his letter that he was sent by Manila HQ to Litomerice. I have sent them the following answer:

Hi, I am very well aware about the Litomerice event in the Czech Republic. I lived in Belgium at that moment. My good friend, Sir Dr. Fritz Hack, great-grandchild of Pastor Ullmer, who also donated the famous Ullmer collection to the Philippines, informed me that he make arrangements to inaugurate a Plaque/Bust of Ferdinand Blumentritt in Litomerice. As I was chapter commander of El Fili I asked some knights if they were willing to join me and attend this event. The response was positive.

Francois Ooms and I used our cars and departed from the house (rue Hippodrome) of Lino. Who joined us? Lino, Nollas, Rev. Apolo, Pros Slachmuylders.

In Leitmeritz we came together with Sir Dr. Fritz Hack, organizer, Sir Holtzmann, ex-mayor of Wilhelmsfeld AND… Sir Ernst Blumentritt, grandchild of Blumentritt (still alive, 94 years old).

Sent by Manila to go to Leitmeritz? Easy to say! Without me he would never have known it.

What happened in Leitmeritz? Some speeches were given. All of the sudden Lino stepped forward and delivered, his unannounced speech. (just to make him important). Even better, a BBC radio team was present and asked Lino for an interview. He send them to me because he was not able to give an explanation about Rizal. Meanwhile he let take some pictures by Rudy Nollas when he was talking to the Ambassador, the mayor of Leitmeritz and Blumentritt. His proves that he had performed some research in Leitmeritz,

This story can be acknowledged by Sir Francois and Sir Pros and partly (only the part in Leitmeritz) by Sir Hack and Sir Holtzmann.

Regards, Lucien

No comments: