Monday, November 20, 2006

MORE FROM RIZAL VICTORIA

Warm Greetings Sir Gunter,

You're absolutely correct kind Sir! Thank you for keeping me straight!

As a Filipino though, knowing how CORRUPTION has wasted and is still wasting my country, it's 5 minutes after 12! Dr Jose Rizal wrote of the cancer eating society in his Noli Me Tangere. What I saw/observed the past couple of months was active corruption, that has no place in the KOR nor in a Filipino society, on this village called Earth. Not all Filipinos are corrupt. That should be said. Here and now.

If a white European accuses Paras, it might me interpreted as racist. Let us apply the "Filipino Muna" approach...

I have seen and confirmed the letter Paras wrote to the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, denouncing another Filipino, with his letterhead as President of the Filipino community. And the letter from the lady President of COFAB (Confederation of Filipino Associations in Belgium), castigating Paras about his telling on an undocumented Pinoy in Brussels. She told Paras that he's not even a Filipino community leader but chairman of the sports committee! Tough woman was she! When our Sir Lucien confirmed to me that the letter to MFA is indeed from Paras and the signature was Paras, I believed Sir Lucien, a thorough researcher and former military intelligence officer of the Belgian NATO forces in Campbell Barracks, where I first met him. For me, that was more than enough proof Paras did the opposite of his claims! In short, Paras lied that he is actively HELPING his countrymen in Belgium.

Sir Francois Ooms has also nothing personal against Paras. But the P2M donation Paras claimed was his, was proceeds of the group undertaking, raised by Sir Francois' chapter!

I was Solidbank auditor for 3 years and NBI-trained in signature verification when I moved to Alliedbank in 1978. I admit the document/s I looked at were not original. But if 3 independent and disinterested persons tell me Paras' letter was indeed signed by him, my inclination would be 50% + some! that Paras did write that letter reporting an undocumented Filipino to the MFA-Belgium and he lied about the P2M.

I'm willing to put my membership on the table. If I'm wrong, I have no problems getting thrown out of the KOR, the same disciplinary action I asked be given to Paras. Should be FAIR enough. I don't know him personally. I have nothing personal against him. But his "Filipino Muna" calls and subsequent (questionable) appointment as European Commander has done irreparable damage to the KOR, which is not acceptable. Only a disciplinary action can correct the wrongs done by him. How can we expect respect from outsiders, when we can't instill order and discipline within the ranks of the KOR?

I hope the KOR Constitution & By-laws could be reformed now. After Sir Hilario Davide, I see no BETTER person who can correct the flaws of the KOR! I almost quit this year, remember? Only the election of Sir Hilario Davide Jr held me back!

Anyway, out of or in the KOR, I'm still here. Before I'm 60, I should have retired to be busy farming (planting trees) in the Philippines. I just need a tent on my back and enjoy exchanging stories over a glass of water with farmers and workers, the "salt" of the earth, I will meet back home. To do what good I can for them, would be a challenge I'd gladly do.

Would be nice if KOR reforms take hold...SOON!?

For the Good of the Order
For Pride in the Order

Sir Rizal Victoria, KR
Wilhelmsfeld-Heidelberg Chapter

To win more hearts and minds, transparency is the cheapest Alternative!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article sounds "amazing" to me. What century do we live in that we ought to say: "If a white European accuses Paras, it might me interpreted as racist." Filipinos are well respected all over the world and are treated as equals.

I do not care about Lino Paras as Filipino. What he has done has got nothing to do with his color of skin but with his state of mind and character.

Could anyone please tell me the difference between a "white" or "brown" or "black" character ? I could not, but I can tell you the difference between a "good" and a "bad" character and Paras definitely belongs to the people with the latter kind.

Personally I even pity people like Paras as they are devoured by their abnormal and unlimited ambitions. Still these people know very well what is right and what is wrong and as they walk over other people and spurn the law in order to satisfy their ambitions they have to be stopped and made responsible for their wrong.

Satin Knight